Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iBook Shows blinking question mark

I know that this has been posted before, but this is a little different. I tried going to the Startup Manager by holding Option, but my hard disk vanished. I cannot see it in the startup manager. This has happened before, and I don't know what i did to fix it. Both times I left the lid up overnight because I was installing software. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 1:50 PM

6 replies

Sep 30, 2012 8:33 AM in response to nclark27921

If the S.M.A.R.T. status says the hard drive is failing, then it is. You need to save as much of your data as possible to another location and have the hard drive replaced.

The iBook is considered end-of-life as far as Apple is concerned, but a few Apple Authorized Service Providers will still repair them. However, the repair is likely to cost more than buying a used MacBook, and the speed increase of a MacBook over an iBook is really astounding.

My iBook Shows blinking question mark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.