Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot pair phone and car hands free using bluetooth!!! HELP!

I just bought a VW Scirocco 2010&the previous owner used the car handsfree bluetooth with his 2 phones(nokia&blackberry)with no problems.I have iphone 4 and although the car finds the phone,the phone never finds the car; it keeps looking for a device but doesnt seem to find anything &as a result, no pairing.Help!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 4:13 PM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2012 5:19 PM in response to Elie80

You need to first clear out the BlueTooth settings of the previous owner. You will need to read the manual for the VW's system to learn how to do this. Then you must put the car in Pairng mode, and open BlueTooth settings on the iPhone. The two should then find each other, and you should tap Connect in the iPhone and Accept (or equivalent) in the car.

Aug 24, 2012 6:07 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thx Laurence.... actually tried doing that but couldnt figure out how to delete the previously paired devices although i followed the manual instructions. i guess have to take the car to VW to do this for me... its also giving me : phone not compatible whenever i try pairing from the car's side. probably cause the phone doesnt recognise the car's bluetooth. i'll let you know if it works 🙂

cannot pair phone and car hands free using bluetooth!!! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.