Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2011 - Workaround to single Thunderbolt port?

I recently purchased the Seagate GoFlex Thunderbolt Adapter which allows me to access portable storage using Thunderbolt. While the device works great and is what I expected, I ran into a snafu at the office today. Normally I use the single Thunderbolt port on my early 2011 MBP with an HDMI adapter to use my 24" desktop monitor. This monitor (nor the Seagate adapter) have a pass-through port for another Thunderbolt device, thus I am unable to use both simultaneously. I'm curious if anyone might have a suggestion as to how I might be able to work around this in order to use both devices at the same time? I've tried searching for Thunderbolt hubs/splitters/switches with no real luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Dan

Apple Support Communities-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 4:00 PM

3 replies

Aug 24, 2012 9:15 PM in response to danmcq

I forgot to mention in the original post the model of Seagate adapter I bought - it was the STAE121 portable edition (with only one Thunderbolt port). I know the desktop edition of this product has 2 Thunderbolt ports for the passthrough capabilities I am seeking, but I am still holding out hope that there may be a solution to my particular issue.

MBP 2011 - Workaround to single Thunderbolt port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.