Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8.1 Update not available

After the 10.8.1 update came out yesterday, I opened Software Update to check for updates, but none were available. I'm still running 10.8.0. I've tried downloading and installing the update manually, but when I try to install the update, it says that the "OS X Update can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package." I'm running the new MBPwRD and I think I've installed the most recent version of Java, albeit from the Java website rather than what came stock with the computer. I'm running version 7, update 6 (version 1.7.0_06-b24). Any ideas about what the issue might be? Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 4:40 PM

8 replies

Aug 25, 2012 11:27 AM in response to zyordz

Arrggghhh! Must have been a copy & paste fat-fingering error. Thanks for correcting. If the DL isn't working for you, then you might have to bite the bullet and reinstall the OS from the saved installer, if had the foresight to do that, or by wasting resources, using the Recovery HD, which will install 10.8.1.

10.8.1 Update not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.