Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete "iLifeAssetManagement" files?

Hi,

My harddrive has suddenly become perilously full. I conducted an OmniDisk Sweeper scan, which shows about 35 gb are photo assets in the "ILifeAssetManagement" folder. I would like to delete this, but am not clear if these are copies, or are original files. Does anyone know for certain?

Thanks for any help!

macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 1:22 AM

The "ILifeAssetManagement" folder is the home of your Photos Stream on your Mac. If you have not already imported the images from your Photo Stream, the images you see in this folder are your only copies. You must have imported really huge raw files to your Photos Stream, if this folder is that large!

I would not delete the images directly with Omni Disk Sweeper, but do that by deleting the Photo Stream Images from inside Aperture. Select the Photo Stream View in Aperture and delete the images that you do not want in the stream.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2012 1:22 AM in response to caninoz

The "ILifeAssetManagement" folder is the home of your Photos Stream on your Mac. If you have not already imported the images from your Photo Stream, the images you see in this folder are your only copies. You must have imported really huge raw files to your Photos Stream, if this folder is that large!

I would not delete the images directly with Omni Disk Sweeper, but do that by deleting the Photo Stream Images from inside Aperture. Select the Photo Stream View in Aperture and delete the images that you do not want in the stream.

Regards

Léonie

Can I delete "iLifeAssetManagement" files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.