Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you do a 'moving pan' in garage band?

I want to make it so that a track - any track - gradually pans from right to left or vice versa as my song plays. I used to use Ableton Live, where i could literally just move the slider as i was recording the track and it would automatically pan the track as I moved it, but so far I haven't been able to plot the pan direction/track location in Garage band. Also, if it's possible to do it for one track is it possible to do it for the master track? I would like to do this to create the impression that an instrument or a sound effect is moving around your head.

I'm a newbie to Macs and Garage Band btw..any help much appreciated, thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 12:50 AM

User uploaded file

Here is a screenshot:

You are quick - I was still editing - 😀 Press the disclosure triangle, then switch the pop-up menu to "Track Pan" and enable it - the button should be green. Click a point on the automation curve and drag it up or down to pan the track from left to right.

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2012 12:50 AM in response to Trimac20

User uploaded file

Here is a screenshot:

You are quick - I was still editing - 😀 Press the disclosure triangle, then switch the pop-up menu to "Track Pan" and enable it - the button should be green. Click a point on the automation curve and drag it up or down to pan the track from left to right.

Regards

Léonie

Can you do a 'moving pan' in garage band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.