Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Library Folder in mountain Lion?

I just asked another question in the forums and realised all my Library folders are from previous systems. Is it hidden? How do I access it in Moyntain Lion?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 2:43 AM

Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users screwing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder go to the ‘Go’ menu and hold down the Option (Alt) key; the Library folder will appear as a choice.

3 replies

Mar 7, 2014 2:03 PM in response to sisterphonetica

Sophos has reported to me various malware enclosures in my email; these have been saved as backups, which cannot be deleted automatically but need to be dealt with manually. To do this I need access to my Library folder.

I have tried the remedies listed here, and also accessing the tick box in the Finder View menu. Although Library is now visible in Finder, it does not appear in Time Machine backup versions. What can I do to deal with this problem?

I'm actually now running Mavericks, but I understand that the issue is the same or similar as that applying to Lion or Mountain Lion.

No Library Folder in mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.