Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the easiest way to transfer a large imovie project from one computer to another in a different location.

What is the easiest way to transfer an faairly large HD imovie project from one computer to another in a different location. Can you export to drop box? Will the other computer need the exact imovie version?

G5, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 7:32 AM

3 replies

Aug 25, 2012 2:27 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Imovie 11. The goal being to get about 90 minutes of 1080 (or 720) from one city to another so that it can be viewed with slow motion and forward reverse features. It is game tape for a coach/team to review. In imovie it works super well and easy...so I thought getting the mov file moved via maybe dropbox? Computer on the other end has Imovie 11 also. I tried Vimeo pro but it has size limits is super slow and the play back is limited. I'm sure there must be an easier way? Thank You in advance for helping.

Aug 25, 2012 3:30 PM in response to Amberlewis

OK it depends.

If you have a finished movie, you can SHARE/EXPORT MOVIE and create your final movie. Then, depending on the size of the finished movie, you can transfer via dropbox or similar service. Ninety minutes is a very long movie for iMovie, but it may work for you. I would suggest 720P to keep the size down.

If you need to transfer the entire iMovie Project so it can be edited in iMovie at the other end, then you need to transfer the project and event assets to an external hard drive and get the hard drive to the other location.

Directions are here. Follow the directions for 1) Moving or copying Project to external drive. Then 2) Consolidate Media.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4141

What is the easiest way to transfer a large imovie project from one computer to another in a different location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.