Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using Magic Mouse under windows 7 (32/64)

Hello Apple;

it is my second issue after i solved the issue of duel OS (OSX & Win7), now every thing went good under win7 except the magic mouse, so when i open the Bluetooth and search the devices the system recognize the Magic mouse, but windows takes so long time connecting to Magic mouse, and finally it is not connected.

so how to solve this problem?

Magic Mouse-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 8:41 AM

6 replies

Aug 26, 2012 7:59 AM in response to h.sabrey

bluetooth connection is incredibly unreliable/intermittent when in Windows (I run Windows 7 64-bit and Boot Camp 4.0, and got both devices connected without any trouble via Bluetooth).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4079148

After much testing, I have found the cause of lagging/jumpiness on the Bluetooth Magic Mouse and Magic TrackPad in Boot Camp.

Hopefully this will help others:

The drivers for the Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Adapter have a setting called "Bluetooth Collaboration" that is Disabled by default. Enabling this option removes the problem instantly.

My Magic Trackpad now works flawlessly, even if I stand 6 metres from the machine. It now works just as well as under Mac OS. The setting can be found under:

Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (right click and choose "Properties".

Under the "Advanced" tab, highlight the setting named "Bluetooth Collaboration", then change it to Enable. Then click OK.

I narrowed the problem down to the wireless card by disabling ALL startup services and processes for Windows, then re-enabling one by one.

As soon as I enabled the Windows Wireless Service, the problem came back.

Similarly, disabling the Wireless Card inside the Network and Sharing Center (or Device Manager) removes the problem.

This led me to believe it must be a driver issue with the wireless card, since the problem didn't occur with the Magic TrackPad under Mac OS, or on my mother's Windows 7 64-bit computer.

So when I went into the Driver Properties to check for an update, I found this setting about Bluetooth Collaboration.

All Apple notebooks use the Broadcom card (and have done for years), so this driver is installed for almost anybody using Boot Camp on an Apple notebook. I'd assume this problem would affect anybody using Boot Camp + wifi + a Bluetooth device.

Wireless Connection problem using windows in a Mac.

using Magic Mouse under windows 7 (32/64)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.