Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove "a billing problem with a previous purchase". I am unable to upgrade, or load apps as a result.

How do I remove "a billing problem with a previous purchase". I am unable to upgrade, or load apps as a result. It started after buying an app, paid for it but two days later got another debit USD 1.99. This prompted me to disable ecommerce status on my card because I thought there must be strings of charges hitting my account without my authority. Then the error message started showing whenever I went to apps store, and has not gone away despite reinstating the card for ecommerce.

I would really appreciate any solution CBS I can't update or load new apps as a result.

iPad, I pad3,

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 10:31 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2012 1:21 PM in response to Wuoalwala

I have the same issues "a billing problem with previous purchase" the only difference was that I checked my visa card and there was no real problem with the card. I wonder why apple can't bill my card as it was working fine in the previous purchases. I do hope these will be resolve as I don't intend to enroll another credit card for security reasons. I don't know how to contact and who is the right person to contact in apple to correct this problem. I need to purchase apps for my kids and my kids are really frustrated because of this. thanks for whoever can resolve this problem.

Jan 8, 2013 8:45 PM in response to Wuoalwala

Same thing happened to me I tried to upgrade but doesn't work my Visa card has 23 dollars left but still it says you have a billing problem check with the previous purchase I'm sick and tired of this I just bought minecraft and now I can't upgrade it there was ganna be a cool update but no it just had to not work god the update is online playing on February I need help I tried the apple support contactings appe store does nothing now I can't do any thing but play my old games again and again

How do I remove "a billing problem with a previous purchase". I am unable to upgrade, or load apps as a result.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.