Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New York times subscription purchased

I've purchased the New York Times Digital Subscription for my iPad and other devices. But, I can't get the Newstand App to recognize the User Name and Password that I've had for years with NewYorkTimes.com. And, ive received an email from itunes confirming my ourchase. Any advice would help. Thank You in Advance....

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 12:35 PM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2014 10:48 PM in response to r.from the Valley

Hello r. from the Valley.

Did you ever resolve the problem connecting your NY Times app to your NYTimes.com account? I am going crazy trying to resolve this problem. All worked fine until I updated to iOS7. This same day, my credit card expired, and so I also had to renew the app subscription. (not sure which caused the problem).

I have spent quite a bit on the phone with Apple support, who told me (after they couldn't resolve it) that I had to deal directly with the NY Times. (with whom I was on the phone with for 2 hours) The Apple rep was pretty sharp (but rather patronizing), while the NY Times tech person was very polite but not too experience, IMO.

I don't want to buy two separate subscriptions, but I may have to since I need access to the NYTimes.com daily for my work. I simply don't have four more hours to sit on the phone only to be shuffled off to the other company. Neither could resolve the problem, and in the end, both the NY Times and Apple insisted that they couldn't help me, that the other would have to fix the problem.

I am totally irritated, as I have been paying now for the app for 2 months, and haven't yet been able to access NYTimes.com. I asked the NY Times to activate the NY Times.com access. The Times informs me that they haven't any way of knowing whether I have paid or not. I offered to send the Apple receipt to them; apparently, this is insufficient proof.

Thanks for any insight you might offer.

FL

New York times subscription purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.