Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hresult: 0x800736fd problem!

maaan, i hope someone out there can FINALLY fix this problem for me!!

So, a while i ago, i kept getting notifications from my itunes that there was an update available, so i would try to update, but i would get an error. i didnt think it was very important, itunes was still working. then i bought an iphone! so i plugged it into my computer so i could transfer music to it. itunes told me that i needed the update, so i tried to update it again, and it didnt work.. again.

next, i decided to try to unistall itunes and reinstall it. had some trouble completly uninstalling it, and now i am only left with apple itunes support. it is in my list of programs, but the files are not on my computer.

everytime i try to install itunes again, i get the same message i have all along! this is what it says:

An error occured during the instillation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitectur e="x86"". Please refer to help and supprt for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD.

I have tried to update my computer system, but it doesnt show any new updates. I have tried researching the problem, but i dont know much about computers so i dont understand it. if someone could PLEEAASE tell me (in english maybe, not computer language) how to fix this, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

.. im just very tired of trying to figure this out. 😟

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 1:44 PM

1 reply

hresult: 0x800736fd problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.