Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Mirroring from my MacBook

Can I AirPlay Mirroring from my MacBook?

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 9:47 PM

13 replies

Aug 25, 2012 10:10 PM in response to AnasAlkhalid

AirPlay

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).

Several Apple Articles Regarding AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- How to use AirPlay Mirroring

How to set up and configure AirPort Express for AirPlay and iTunes

Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Using AirPlay

Jan 7, 2013 3:56 PM in response to AnasAlkhalid

Hellow HI

I was thinking of buying a 3rd Gen apple TV, i havent bought it yet. But i want to find my airplay icon on my MacAir mid year 2011. im on mountain lion 10.8.

So do i need to hook my apple TV first to see the icon? or the icon is there already? because if it is suppose to be there already on my status bar i cant seem to have it?

please help before i buy the apple TV. Thank you

Jan 11, 2013 2:12 PM in response to akatrick

I figured out my problem. I am using the Airport Extreme Router and have a Guest network setup. I used the guest network for my Apple Tv,Macbook,Iphone and Ipad. I decided to switch to my "hidden network" for all of my devices and everything works fine now. I am sure that there is a reason to not be able to use the Guest Network. Anyway, all is fine now. Hope this helps some of you!

AirPlay Mirroring from my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.