Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Cannot Connect with Server (mountain lion) on wifi

I Posted this under Mountain Lion as Safari had no connectivity issues for me when I got my mbp and it had lion installed and ran beautifully-

NOW my apple (s) run fine on mountain lion

for a little bit,

and then I get "Safari Cannot Connect to Server"

Now during this frequent occurance the APP store hangs and hangs as well.

This is most annoying-

The only way to use my apple products after this happens is to restart them

and then they work until they go into sleep mode,

sometimes they screw up before that and then

"Safari Cannot Connect to Server"

my Airport utility shows that it is scanning for networks-

When I was right in the middle of buying something from amazon-- I had to go to my decrepit old windows xp connected up only for cox email to complete the transaction-

This is not acceptable. Since it occurs on both of my apple computers and only started when I installed mountain lion.

This has continually gotten worse to the point I must restart my laptop continually-

Apple better get the lead out of their butts and fix this glaring fault- or should I install another web browser?

which I am disinclined to do-

I spent a fortune on these apple products and I expect them to work properly- I went to apple because I was so sick of microsoft and its endless headaches and updates and freezes lol--

kind of funny if you think about it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), dropped wifi

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 1:56 AM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2012 7:35 AM in response to chuender

Hi BSU1960,

I found the solution to my problem on a different forum. Turns out for some reason the anti-virus software that I run was interferring with my browsers' connecting to the internet. Once I disabled the web protion of the anti-virus my problem went away.

I have a question to Kaspersky Security, hopefully will find out what was the root cause.

Safari Cannot Connect with Server (mountain lion) on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.