Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion crash will apple help me

Need disk image but crashed paid for mountain lion. Is there a way to get from apple. As a download

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 4:21 AM

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Certainly Apple's tech support can advise you, and if you need to re-download something on a fast network you can do so at an Apple Store. If you can explain in more detail what "crashed paid for mountain lion" means, we ought to be able to help you here as well.

4 replies

Aug 26, 2012 4:48 AM in response to Plumberboybryan

If you have a machine that shipped with Lion or Mountain Lion, you should be able to use internet recovery mode. Holding down command-R at startup should automatically start up in internet recovery mode if the hidden recovery partition is missing.

Edit: if your machine didn't ship with Lion, but was fairly recent and you had installed all available updates via Software Update, you should also be able to boot into internet recovery mode. But if not, you'll have to use your Snow Leopard install disk to reinstall Snow Leopard, and then re-download ML from there.

Sep 2, 2012 2:42 AM in response to thomas_r.

Ya see it's very hard to be plumber in this high tech world. My Mac pro is a 2007 so no Internet recovery. No biggie besides I have no snow leopard . I heve all the old operating systems but none I can install. I am a major dork because I just found this need for snow? I tried at least a hundred ways to make it work and now I'm gonna have to be rewarded and since I have to wait and and order it wellill just have to get a solid state drive to hold me over. Like I said its hard to be a plumber. Thank you very much

Lion crash will apple help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.