Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an album from iTunes. It downloaded onto my computer but is not in my library after 24 hours. the album appears in my Purchased list,but not the library.

I purchased an album from the iTunes Store 24 hours ago. The store sent a receipt. However, the download does not appear in my library. It does appear in my purchased list. I can and have created a play list for it, but I want to see it in my library.

iPod nano, 6th Generation

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 5:00 AM

14 replies

Aug 26, 2012 10:24 AM in response to laurianfromfrisco

When you go to the Purchased section, its categorised first by the type of media - music, movies, books, apps, etc. Select music. The music are then categorised by artists. Find the artist that you want to re-download, there is a "cloud" looking icon on the right, click on that to download.

BTW I have to ask, did you try to do a search for that album? The search bar is the little magnifying glass icon. It's very weird that the songs appears in the playlist but not in the library section.

Aug 26, 2012 10:47 AM in response to John Guo

This is what I am seeing. The whole album is there beside the purchased section. It shows that it is downloaded. I created a playlist from that, thinking it would then surely go into the library. However, the album is not shown in the library. I took a screenshot of my iTunes page, but this forum does not allow me to attach the screenshot, and it won't allow me to drag it in from the desktop. Sorry, I know this is a frustrating to you as it is to me.

Aug 26, 2012 11:02 AM in response to laurianfromfrisco

Don't worry, I'm patient and will see this through if you are. I still have ideas. Let's try this step by step... Did you try the search? What happens when you search in the library section? If you can't find the songs, then select one of the song, press command+I for Get Info. Go to the Info tab. What's the under the "Artist" and "Album Artist"? Are they different? Do a search in the library section for those two inputs.

PS: you can attach screen shots in this forum... Just look one of my screen.User uploaded file

Aug 26, 2012 11:37 AM in response to John Guo

I tried to insert the image from Dropbox, but I have no way of knowing if it will work. I did a Spotlight search. The album is there and I'm actually playing it using that. When I search in the Library the album is not listed by artist or album name. When I select a song and try to get info iTunes plays the song.:)

NOTE: After nothing appeared in the library today I got the bright idea to individually drag the songs from the Music Folder(where the complete album was) sideways to the Music label on the side. Now the Music Folder for the album in incomplete becasue some songs actually went over there. Nontheless, I can play the album from either the Purchased Music List or the playlist I created.

This is becoming less important every minute but you may be enjoying it!

I purchased an album from iTunes. It downloaded onto my computer but is not in my library after 24 hours. the album appears in my Purchased list,but not the library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.