Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud + iCal

I had a MobileMe account that was obviously discontinued. I was able to hold on to my email address without upgrading to Lion when MobileMe officially "closed". I lost my ability to sync all of my devices seamlessly by not upgrading to their "free" service, so I was forced to upgrade to Lion eventually (thanks, Apple!). Now I just have a lot of doubled info, and it isn't as "clean" as MobileMe was. For instance, with iCal, I have two sets of calendars: one set labeled "xxx@me.com" and a duplicate set labeled "iCloud". They are the same calendars, except the xxx@me.com ones don't get pushed to the cloud...i'm assuming they are what was on my computer already before iCloud was added. Why can't I just merge the doubled-up calendars? Why wasn't this feature added to iCal years ago? It wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's confusing when it comes to which calendars get updated and which don't. It's an extra step that defeats the purpose of this product. I don't want to have to go through each and every event one-by-one and change which calendar they're in. It would take hours, maybe days!

Anyone else move to iCloud from MM with this issue? I also have doubled-up email accounts on my iPhone, but that's for another topic.

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 10:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2012 10:12 AM in response to BombshellRehab

If the set labelled xxx@me.com is an exact duplicate of the set labelled 'iCloud' you can simply delete it. Otherwise you could move the calendars to iCloud, but if they have even some of the same events you are going to get duplicates. I would have thought that the ones labelled xxx@me.com should have been moved to iCloud and this has failed to happen.

To move the calendars, please follow the first set of numbered instructions here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmovecalendars.html

iCloud + iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.