Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Macbook Air get hacked?

I was just wondering if something can hack into my Macbook. For instance if I click on a website certificate and I accidentaly permanently accept to trust it even though my Mac warned me that it might just be a fake website pretending to be facebook.com. If so, then what do I have to do? And how will I fix this problem? My younger cousin was playing on some tetris game on a website that I thought wasn't safe. But she said "it's okay". I'm worried. How other ways can it get hacked so I can avoid it? I just really love my MacBook.... Well, any help will be appriciated. Thank you! 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 11:52 AM

If you trust invalid SSL certificates without verifying them, then yes, you could be hacked. Find the certificate in Keychain Access and delete it.

2 replies

Aug 26, 2012 8:33 PM in response to Linc Davis

A lot of people don't know about Keychain Access, and I would highly recommend that you read more about it. It is a very nice and powerful application.

Here is the About Keychain Access text from the Help documentation:

You can use Keychain Access to reduce the number of passwords you have to keep track of. Keychain Access can store passwords for servers, apps, and websites, keep track of cryptographic keys, or even store sensitive information unrelated to your computer, such as credit card numbers or personal identification numbers (PINs) for bank accounts.

Whether you’re connecting to a network server, opening an email account, or accessing a password-protected item, keychains can provide the password so you don’t have to type it in manually.

An account starts with a single “login” keychain, which is your default keychain. It is created automatically the first time you log in to your OS X user account and has the same password as your account. This keychain is unlocked automatically when you log in to your account.

You can create new keychains to store passwords for different purposes (for example, one for work and one for online shopping), or you can make a copy of a keychain to take with you to other Mac computers.

Keychains can be accessible to just a single user or shared with the other users of a Mac.

Can my Macbook Air get hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.