Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send email with any of my accounts on Mail 5.2

I have a Mac Book Pro

Mac Os X 10.7.4

Mail 5.2

I have many diferent email accounts (gmail, hotmail, prodigy.net.mx, etc)

Some are POP, some are IMAP

I have another computer, an iMac with older system and older Mail app. and used same setup for all accounts

I can receive emails, but I cannot send emails on any of the accounts. I have quadruple checked all settings and all seems to be ok.

All smtp connections appear as not connected, yet different servers, or email suppliers, this makes me suspect something else is wrong.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 12:08 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2012 6:49 PM in response to hpr3

Thank you hpr3,

Like I said, I have the same settings on my desktop computer and am able to send emails from that computer, but not from the MacBookPro.

Am not new at this, it is not the settings since they're different severs, email providers and accounts I have had for years.

It's something else.

Best regards,

Michelle

Jan 9, 2013 6:03 PM in response to Mixelle

Just FYI, I've had the same problem for months now. I have been accessing my hotmail via the web, but decided to try the OS X Mail app. I could get emails into the account with no problem but couldn't send. I read all the blog and support entries and have tried everything they recommended, like changing my computer name to one word, without success. Then last night, it just so happened that my broadband provider had to change out my wireless modem. As soon as he plugged in the new one, some emails that had been in my outbasket for a month went through instantly and all of a sudden my Mail, both incoming and outgoing now work. So I think people need to look at their router settings for the a solution to the problem.

Cannot send email with any of my accounts on Mail 5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.