Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come iTunes movies with the "iTunes Extras" will not work on the 1st Gen. ATV?

I bought the first two Harry Potter movies, and Planet of the Apes, with the "iTunes Extras" and they will not play on my 1st Gen. Apple TV. I get the menu, I can select menu items (chapters, etc.) but I cannot PLAY the movies... nothing happens when I select PLAY

Anyway to correct this without buytin the movies AGAIN without the extra features?????

Apply you really screwed those who bout the 1st gen ATV but not supporting it after the 2nd stream only ATV...

(and I preferred the 1st one over the stream only one!)

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 12:25 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2012 12:52 PM in response to Jim Maynard

Did you buy these on iTunes or on the AppleTV1 ?

Also, were they SD or HD - if HD did you select 720p option as AppleTV 1 cannot handle the 1080p version (in which case delete the 1080p version from iTunes but either don't delete the actual file or save it to add back later - then in iTunes Prefs change preferred download to 720p and download from the Quicklinks > Purchased option in iTunes to get 720p).

AC

How come iTunes movies with the "iTunes Extras" will not work on the 1st Gen. ATV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.