Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown error 3194 when restoring help

Hi all,

I've got a 3gs which is stuck on the apple logo screen which is staying lit and the phones getting warm. I've connected to itunes to restore the phone but when trying to restore I keep getting an error as follow

unknown error 3194

can anyone help with this?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 2:58 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2012 7:21 AM in response to carl wolf

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've had the phone since new and have never jailbroken it so this error must also relate to another fault too I guess.

I went on a car forum and got the answers I needed there. I had to re-download itunes, manually put my phone into dfu mode and make sure the user on my computer had admin rights to be able to restore my phone.

My phones now working great again although I've lost some data which is my own fault for not regulary backing up my phone in itunes.

I'm not having a go here but maybe Apple needs not to be so quick to judge. Like I said above, I've owned my phone from new and have never jailbroken it but was still having issues with the 3149 error code

unknown error 3194 when restoring help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.