Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to iWeb?

I had found out that apple is not releasing iWeb with the new iLife. Is apple getting rid of iWeb? If so, what am I supposed to use? I used this app because I dont know how to code so well and I cant seem to find an app that will work well for me.

Please help!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2017 2:59 PM

Are you really serious?

You are not addressing Apple directly here - these are user forums, so all users.

Of course they won't re-launch iWeb - it has had its day and run its course and nothing has been done for about 8 years now - the only reason they created it was because of MobileMe, but once that went, there was no use for iWeb as iCloud did not offer web hosting.

Look at the alternatives like EverWeb, which is very good - it is a lot better than iWeb and can do a lot more out of the box and it is current and updated.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2017 2:59 PM in response to everfilms

Are you really serious?

You are not addressing Apple directly here - these are user forums, so all users.

Of course they won't re-launch iWeb - it has had its day and run its course and nothing has been done for about 8 years now - the only reason they created it was because of MobileMe, but once that went, there was no use for iWeb as iCloud did not offer web hosting.

Look at the alternatives like EverWeb, which is very good - it is a lot better than iWeb and can do a lot more out of the box and it is current and updated.

Aug 26, 2012 3:45 PM in response to mattster19901

iWeb isn't being developed or supported by Apple anymore but you can still get the iLife '09 and '11 disks from places like Amazon if you really want to.

There are a few functions not working since the closure of MobileMe and a couple of things to nore if you are using it with Lion or Mountain Lion...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/mountain-lion.html

There have been plenty of suggestions in this forum for replacements but none of them are better or as cheap as iWeb except perhaps for this one...

http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com

Aug 27, 2012 1:24 AM in response to mattster19901

There is no update to iLife. iLife 11 was the last update to iLife and the boxed set contains iWeb 09 which is the latest and last version of iWeb.

iWeb and iDVD don't ship on new Macs and have not done so for several months now. Apple also withdrew support for and stopped selling iWeb several months ago in the run up to MobileMe going and being replaced with iCloud that does not offer web hosting.

If you have iWeb on your Mac you can still use it to create websites, but you'll need to upload them to a new server.

There are plenty of alternative web creation apps that you can look at and lots of them for sale in the Mac App Store too.

Have a look at RapidWeaver, Sandvox, Freeway Pro/Express and Flux 4. There are others such as Goldfish and then the Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress.org that can be loaded onto a server with one click and you don't need to know anything about coding to use these.

You can download free trials of most before deciding which one you want to purcahse.

What happened to iWeb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.