Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I edit a contact's info on my Mac, it duplicates on my iOS devices...

Using iCloud, I am syncing contacts (as well as other things) between my iMac, iPhone and iPad. When I make changes to a contact on my iPhone or iPad, the other devices automatically change that information as well (as they are supposed to).

The problem comes from when I try to change information on a contact from the actually "Contacts" app on my iMac. Doing so will make it so when I look at that contact on my iPhone or iPad, it shows up twice, one has the old information, the other has the edited information. When I delete either of them, it deletes them both automatically, which deletes that entire contact from iCloud all together.

Does anybody know what is going on and how I fix it? At this point I am just making sure I never edit contacts from my Mac, but from my iOS devices instead.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 4:57 PM

There are no replies.

When I edit a contact's info on my Mac, it duplicates on my iOS devices...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.