Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record full screen on quicktime?!!!!! PLEASE ANSWER!!!!

i know how to record the desktop as a full screen. but how do i record a VIDEO. what i'm trying to say is i want to record something off of imovie using quick time. i've done it before but whenever i look at it... it skips or jumps!!!!! and i have it on full screen!!!!!! i want to record a video of a video. but full screen. so is there like any plug-in that may help with the pixels and all of that skipping. i DO NOT want to use any other program except quicktime. if you don't get what i'm saying...then comment and i'll try to explain better..... but PLEASE ANSWER or give links to some plugins. thanks 🙂

MacBook

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 3:38 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2012 5:14 PM in response to CrazyiPhone

so is there like any plug-in that may help with the pixels and all of that skipping.

No. Skipping/jumping is normally caused by dropped frames/lowered frame rates usually associated with a system which is underpowered for whatever quality setting (compression option) you are using for the "full screen" capture of a simultaneously playing video in a running app like iMovie. Solutions include: purchasing a more powerful system, lowering screen resolution, lowering the capture quality setting, capturing only a portion of the screen, or the use of a third-party app that allows the optional use of a faster compression codec. Since you do not seem interested in most of these options, you may be doomed to dissatisfation until new options become available—e.g., the use of a plug-in hardware accellerator for screen capture.

User uploaded file

Aug 27, 2012 10:14 AM in response to CrazyiPhone

i want to record something off of imovie

i want to record a video of a video.

Im not sure what you want to record, is it the iMovie interface, (called screen record) or is it the movie in the player window you want to copy?

if its screen record:

If you have QT X on your mac try that, it has a screen capture function

there are also excellent dedicated 3rd party applications :

ScreenFlow

Snapz Pro X

iShowU

If you want a copy of the video you are editing in iMovie, then in iMovie file > export

In both cases, as you are transferring a large amount of data, you will need a separate drive to capture the video file to, either an internal drive if its a tower machine, or an external Firewire drive if its an iMac or laptop

Record full screen on quicktime?!!!!! PLEASE ANSWER!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.