Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6 Unresponsive Scrolling and Bookmarks Bar Problem

I installed Safari 6 on my MacBook Pro 17 with OS 10.7.4 8GB RAM, 1TBHD (600+GB free) and all seemed well for a week or so but a couple of days ago I noticed that the scrolling seemed very sticky in that I'd be scrolling down a longish page and suddenly my two-finger scrolling movement would not work for one swipe but would work the next. At first, I thought that maybe it was my fingers being very dry or the trackpad was dirty but it only happens in Safari.

But about the same time something else started to happen. When I click on a folder of bookmarks in the Bookmarks Bar, instead of getting the dropdown list of bookmarks in the folder, all the bookmarks would open in tabs. The first time this happened, again, I thought I had mistakenly clicked the folder with two fingers and selected 'Open in Tabs' - but it has happened quite a few times over the past two days and I have been careful to observe that I am not using two fingers nor is the menu which has 'Open in Tabs' even appearing - I am literally just clicking the folder title.

Perhaps it is only co-incidental but I have also noticed that typing text in a field in Safari is also a little slower (as it is typing this with an occasional latency of about half a second.

I read in another thread that a similar scrolling problem was resolved by repairing disk permissions but this did not work.

I have also emptied Safari's cache and deleted its preferences but without success.

Any ideas anybody, please?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8GB RAM, 500GB HD

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 2:51 PM

Has nobody else experienced this?

It's driving me mad!

2 replies

Sep 4, 2012 6:11 PM in response to Alf Megson

After I could take it no more, I reverted to Safari 5.1.6 but it still happened.

I then disabled plugins and extensions and found that the problem had gone.

I enabled them one by one until it came back and found that it is the extension My eBay Manager which causes the problem.

There is no link on the Safari extensions page except to eBays main site so it doesn't seem possible to leave feedback about this.

Anyway, I restored Safari 6 and the problem was still gone so problem solved, I think.

Safari 6 Unresponsive Scrolling and Bookmarks Bar Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.