Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to mark messages forwarded by a rule with that little "forwarded" arrow?

Normally, after forwarding an email, a little arrows appears next to the message reminding me that the message was forwarded. However, when I set up a rule to forward messages, those little "forwarded" arrows don't show up. Why is this?

Is there any way to automatically mark a message as forwarded?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 10:23 PM

You could add a second action to your fowarding rule, adding a flag to the message ("mark as flagged"). There's seven colors of flags from which to choose.

2 replies

Aug 26, 2012 10:41 PM in response to Don Archibald

I have considered adding a flag as you suggested, but one of the things I really like about the "forwarded" arrow is that, when clicked, it shows me the forwarded message and to whom it was forwarded.

I've also noticed that the same rule, when I select "Apply Rule", does in fact mark those as forwarded with the arrow, but when I click those arrows, it can't find the message. And then, just like before, any new messages that I receive don't get marked. Just seems odd to me. Wish I didn't have to use the flag workaround.

Is there any way to mark messages forwarded by a rule with that little "forwarded" arrow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.