Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have IDVD 6.04 and it will not allow me to update to 7, help!

My version of IDVD is old school and when I run a software update check, it refuses to update to IDVD7, any ideas?

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 11:30 PM

Hi

Yes - no full versions up-dates are availably for free - never been

So within a version no: as 6.0.1 to 6.0.4 - OK

from 6.0.4 to 7.1.2 - NO

Need to buy iLife 8 or iLife 9 or iLife 11 - boxed DVD version - (not from Apple Store as they don't cont. iDVD)

See Amazon or e-bay.

Yours Bengt W

3 replies

Aug 27, 2012 1:35 AM in response to kloeffert

If there is no iDVD on Your Mac (and it's not on newer Macs as Apple discarded it) then You need a program that can do this.

Your Mac can burn CDs and DVDs - BUT DVD as Data-DVDs not as Video-DVDs - they need a program to be encoded and STRUCTURED as such.

• iDVD is part of the boxed version of iLife'11 and can only be bought outside Apple as on Amazon and e-bay

• DVD Studio pro - Part of FinalCut Studio Pro bundle - this to has expired and can only be bought second handed. (High price and tough learning Curve - but best ever done.)

• Roxio Toast™ - Not as elegant as iDVD - but has many other positive additions (I like it as 10-Pro incl BD-component) (now version 11)

• Burn - only free alternative I know of on internet. Very simple - Just for doing a plain Video-DVD

Burn http://www.digital-digest.com/software/Burn.html

only You can buy from Apple is

• FinalCut Pro-X which also can burn to DVD but without any nice themes.

AppleMan1958

You can also buy Compressor from Apple for $50 US. It will also create DVD and BluRay but without the nice themes.

Yours Bengt W

I have IDVD 6.04 and it will not allow me to update to 7, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.