Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps suddenly don't update

Hi,

After 4 weeks on hollydays, my ipad3 apps icon stated 7 upgrades available.

It started to upgrage podcast app at first but didn't want to upgrade the 6 apps left (I don't even know which ones ?)

I've got the message "not possible to connect to itunes store" !

What is strange is that I can see my account connected to itunes.

How can I solve this ?

I red some posts and it seems to be a current issue.

I tried some solutions, connect and disconnect my account, delete podcsat app, but this doesn't help.

iPad

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 2:06 AM

Try download the apps on your computer via iTunes then sync your new iPad.

15 replies

Aug 27, 2012 3:56 AM in response to Diavonex

Yes, I managed to download the apps throught my imac and itunes and sync the ipad but after I upgrade the apps, i still can't access to update via itunes stores on Ipad, i still have this silly "cannot connect to itunes stores", even if I am definitelly connected !!!

It's annoying if I can't update the apps directly from ipad but use imac each times.

there are some buggs that need to be solved.

Sep 4, 2012 8:57 PM in response to Diavonex

I had this problem with my son's iPod. My wife & I have phone, tablets, all of which sync normally (and often-ish). Our son syncs rarely & found he couldn't sync ("Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error message). Setting the calendar from Sept 4 (today) to Dec 4 suddenly fixed the problem.

Any idea of why this trick fixes the problem?

Any idea whether our son's infrequent "sync"ing contributes to the bug?

Sep 12, 2012 3:44 PM in response to alffred08

Just experienced the same problem (trying to update gave "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" even though I can browse or download from the store). Turned off setting date and time automatically, and set date to 2 months in the future. All 7 updates installed correctly, but I'm having trouble with Apple's iBooks update - no big loss there - I'll probably delete this app.

Apps suddenly don't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.