Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add text to photo

I'm looking for a way to add the date to the picture so that when I'm veiwing it I can easily tell when it was taken. I'm taking most of my photos via my iPhone and.

Any ideas quick and easy way I can complish this?

Thanks

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 6:52 AM

Not with iPhoto. You can use Preview (already on your Mac) or an external editor.

In order of price here are some suggestions:

Seashore (free)

The Gimp (free)

Graphic Coverter ($45 approx)

Acorn ($50 approx)

Pixelmator ($50 approx)

Photoshop Elements ($75 approx)

There are many, many other options. Search on MacUpdate. You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2012 6:52 AM in response to jthiv

Not with iPhoto. You can use Preview (already on your Mac) or an external editor.

In order of price here are some suggestions:

Seashore (free)

The Gimp (free)

Graphic Coverter ($45 approx)

Acorn ($50 approx)

Pixelmator ($50 approx)

Photoshop Elements ($75 approx)

There are many, many other options. Search on MacUpdate. You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

add text to photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.