Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log & Transfer Not Working??

I'm using Final Cut 7. We shoot on an AVC cam using standard SD cards. Up unitl last week I would use Log and Transfer like normal and Final Cut would import and convert the footage. I'm not sure what happened but starting last week log and transfer can't read the cards.

FCP used to detect the footage automatically, but now it doesn't. When I try to mannually import the footage into Log & Transfer, the .MTS files are greyed out.

I have a feeling that it is a setting on the camera that is messing things up(I don't shoot the footage), because when I put one of the old cards into the iMac, Log & Transfer reads the files right away.

The .MTS files themselves work fine and can be converted to .mov using MPEG streamclip but that makes them harder for FCP to use.

Any suggestions on settings on FCP not being compatible with a setting on the camera?

Thanks!!

Soundtrack Pro

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 9:00 AM

10 replies

Aug 27, 2012 9:51 AM in response to sharpshooter1324

Hi,

When you try to log and transfer do you get any sort of message about wrong media type?

If you didn't shoot the footage do you know if the shooter happened to change the frame rate, because L&T doesn't recognise non standard frame rates like 50 or 60 fps.

How did you convert with MPEG Streamclip and to what codec, you said that the .mov files are harder to use in FCP. That shouldn't be if you convert to ~Pro Res.

DM

Aug 28, 2012 7:01 AM in response to Russ H

I'm not sure if the frame rate on the camera was changed but I will check that out immediatly. I am converting to Pro Res but they seem to be a little heavier than other files and get choppy during playback. Not a major issue.

Are there any other settings I should check on the camera when I get my hands on it later today?

Thanks for all your help!!

Aug 28, 2012 9:31 AM in response to sharpshooter1324

You can check the frame rate of the clips by opening in quicktime player and hitting command "i" to open the inspector, the frame rate will be listed there. Also, with regard to Russ's question, it will tell you if the clips are SD.

What flavour of pro res are you converting to ?, LT should be sufficient, also what computer are you using and what OS, and where is your media stored ? hopefully a seperate drive to your boot drive.

DM

Log & Transfer Not Working??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.