Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X update in notification center?

Is it possible to configure the notification center for OS X updates?

Altert for an OS X update pops up (and stays there). If I dismiss (swipe to right over the pop up), it comes back EVERY 15 MINTUES. Even if I "X" it out of the notification list, or click "Details" which opens up the app store and I close, it still comes back. And there are no options in system preferences.

SRSLY?!?! This is horribly annoying, like, worse than Clippy annoying. There are obviously a number of reasons people, including myself, cannot stop and restart the computer, be it a deadline, software programs running, etc.

Am I completely missing something?

iMac & macbook

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 9:55 AM

You can't change it. Updates must be installed, and Mountain Lion will install security updates automatically if you didn't install security updates after days

8 replies

Oct 31, 2012 1:35 AM in response to CT

@ khunsanook, thanks, I have used Growl before, particularly for Adium, but from what I can tell, it doesn't work with iCal, and no longer works with Mail in 10.8 (?), those are the two things I want Notification Center for.

@CT, thanks, this is the out-of-the-box thinking these forums are best for. Though it brings up another issue with Software Update, am I going crazy or could you previously chose between daily, weekly, and monthly update checks? such as:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1164882/how_to_adjust_os_x_s_software_update.htm l

Now there's no option? Ugh, facepalm.

Sep 24, 2013 9:46 AM in response to russee

I couldn't agree with the complaint more! I understand it's important to install updates, but I use my computer as a production machine, so I can't just stop, close a dozen (big) apps, and restart on a whim.

Please, please, please Apple, make an option to decrease the frequency of reminders - if I told you 15 minutes ago I couldn't restart what do you think the chances are of my wanting it now? A pesky 5 year old is less annoying than these alerts...

OS X update in notification center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.