Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Everytime I try to update my iPad 2 on 4.3.3 it get is error message "The iPad "iPad" cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable." I dont know why please help

Help! Everytime I try to update my iPad 2 on 4.3.3 it get is error message "The iPad "iPad" cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable." I dont know why please help.

I'm running 4.3.3 on a ipad 2 im computer is connected via wire to internet

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 11:38 AM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2012 12:14 PM in response to Dilbagh21

First thing to try is a reboot of your iPad. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the iPad restart. See if that fixes your problem.

Then start iTunes on your computer and use the menu in iTunes to check for updates. If there is an update to iTunes, download and install it. Then restart your computer.

Once you're computer has restarted start iTunes on your computer.

Then connect your iPad to your computer.

Select your iPad in the left column of iTunes on your computer and select General in the right column. Check for updates and hopefully follow the prompts.

Aug 27, 2012 12:17 PM in response to Dilbagh21

See

iOS 5: Updating your device to iOS 5

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4972

iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

If you are currently running an iOS lower than 5.0, connect to your computer & click on the "Update your device using iTunes".

Tip - You may need to disable your firewall and anitvirus software temporarily. Then download and install the iOS update. After you update to iOS 5.x, the next update can be installed via wifi (i.e., not connected to your computer).

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Help! Everytime I try to update my iPad 2 on 4.3.3 it get is error message "The iPad "iPad" cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable." I dont know why please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.