Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML degraded battery and my MBA!!!

Since updating to Mountain Lion my 2010 MacBook Air Battery drains at an alarming rate. just now dropping 7% in 15 mins from 100% to 93% doing nothing more than internet browsing..no video. I have isolated Flash ads in certain sites in Safari as the most obvious cause but still never did this with Snow Leopard. Did the upgraded version of Flash cause this too? This was a 7 hr. computer with SL. Considering reverting back. Any chance the future update will rectify this problem? Also there was a firmware upgrade after installing ML. Any chance this will disable my going bact to SL? I bought this computer for the battery as much as the weight. Now Apple has effectively killed the computers strength. This is unacceptable. I got no more than 4 hours if that with Mountain Lion.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 12:24 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2012 1:12 PM in response to Philip Ayers

Philip Ayers wrote:

Why reset PRAM or SMC? I saw nothing in the literature that indicated a normally operating system with a quickly draining battery would be fix improved by using this method. Please add text as to your think. This didnt help.

Thank you.

Right hand side of page. Read links under 'More Like This' may provide more information for you.

Good Luck

Pete

ML degraded battery and my MBA!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.