Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document permissions not sticking.

I don't want anyone to have access to my documents on the server. I keep setting the permissions to be "no access" for logged in and unauthenticated users. I assume it doesn't include me (as the logged in user). I save the settings, log out and log back in and that permission setting is not staying.

Any ideas. It's really important that I a am able to protect some documents from view except to the person that created them.

I am the admin on our Mountain Lion Server (on a MacMini server).

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 11:17 AM

Figured it out for myself. 🙂 It seems that the document for the person profile one cannot control the permissions for that. However and added document has it's own permission setting in the document info window.

1 reply

Document permissions not sticking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.