Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outlook mac 2011 error 50

i can't send any email, i get error 50 all the time from my outlook 2011 in my mac book pro.

any idea how can i fix it. i have mountain lion OS

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 6:41 PM

This is from a Microsoft Answers forum - it deals with both Entourage and Outlook:

Error -50

An unknown error (-50) occurred

• One user found this solution: Run "Remove Office", then run Repair Permissions. Install from your CD and apply all updates. Restart and then run Repair Permissions again.
  • Another cause for this error was found by J. Gorman: I had a semicolon in my outgoing server name.
  • Another user reported this fixed the issue for them: Try creating a new Entourage identity and setting up your email account. When the email address is verified with the new identity and you receive your e-mail, then try switching back to the identity that you had a problem with and check your mail. This solved the problem for me.
  • Christoph Nadig, reported this solution: I found old mails in my outbox that were never delivered (for an unknown reason), but everytime I wrote a new mail, Entourage tried to send them again, leading to a -50 error everytime. Deleting these old entries in my outbox resolved the problem.

Clinton

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2012 6:41 PM in response to Alex Marvelous

This is from a Microsoft Answers forum - it deals with both Entourage and Outlook:

Error -50

An unknown error (-50) occurred

• One user found this solution: Run "Remove Office", then run Repair Permissions. Install from your CD and apply all updates. Restart and then run Repair Permissions again.
  • Another cause for this error was found by J. Gorman: I had a semicolon in my outgoing server name.
  • Another user reported this fixed the issue for them: Try creating a new Entourage identity and setting up your email account. When the email address is verified with the new identity and you receive your e-mail, then try switching back to the identity that you had a problem with and check your mail. This solved the problem for me.
  • Christoph Nadig, reported this solution: I found old mails in my outbox that were never delivered (for an unknown reason), but everytime I wrote a new mail, Entourage tried to send them again, leading to a -50 error everytime. Deleting these old entries in my outbox resolved the problem.

Clinton

outlook mac 2011 error 50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.