Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal (Mountain Lion 10.8.1) : Adding a contact (attendee ?) without sending invitation e-mail

Hello,

Here's my problem : I'd like to add a contact (from the adress book) to an iCal event, without sending any invitation e-mail. The purpose is to match the contact informations to the iCal event, so I can reach them (phone, adress, e-mail) directly from the event window (without adding anything manually in the "adress" or "notes" fields), when a reminder alert prompts for instance.

So, is it possible to add a "contact field" in the event editor, directly attached to the adress book ?

Or, is it possible to add an attendee without sending the invitation e-mail ? Because each time I do add an attendee, the "Close/Validate" button transforms into a "Send" button (because there's an attendee attached), and there's no options other than "Send" or "Delete".

I tried to run the "Attach contact to selected event" script from Wooden Brain Concepts, but I can't find the /scripts/ folder for iCal anymore in Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (not in ~/Library/ nor in iCal/contents/), so I don't know if this particular script actually works in ML.

Please let me know if you have any idea ! Thanks a lot anyway.

Read you soon, hopefully.

- Fred

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 3:25 AM

There are no replies.

iCal (Mountain Lion 10.8.1) : Adding a contact (attendee ?) without sending invitation e-mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.