Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mouse Slow - Anyway to speed up the tracking?

I've been using a Mighty Mouse for a while which is fine, but one thing that annoys me is that its quite slow tracking across the screen with the tracking on FULL fastest..

I have a nice small nifty PC mouse, which on a Windows machine is very nifty and quick, and its USB but when plugged into the Mac, it again becomes quite sluggish..

As the mouse is the main interaction between me and the computer, is there any other setting in order to speed this up?

I have this quite fast on an XP PC, and enhanced pointer position on, and its quite nifty getting alot of things done, and moved around.

I would love to use this PC mouse (I know, not ideal) with my MBP for the best of both worlds. I did try a Magic Mouse which looks good, but it felt the same.

I just wanted to know if there was

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 1:53 AM

18 replies

Apr 16, 2017 9:58 AM in response to CallMeSharman

smoothmouse site now says "Apple fixed the bug is El Capitan and removed the system calls we used". So "Thank you and goodbye".

As an El Capitan user I'm about to throw the mouse across the room. Tracking is terrible. Inconsistent and exceedingly slow despite the highest setting.

There's a command line fix that no longer works, there's a smoothmouse fix no longer available.

C'mon Apple. Mouse up.

Apple Mouse Slow - Anyway to speed up the tracking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.