Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Media Kind To Podcast

Hi,

I have downloaded some free podcasts from Soundcloud but they are not going into my podcast tab in iTunes. I have clicked

'Get Info" and changed media kind to Podcast but it just disappears from my library and seems to go missing. It still plays from "Recently Added" Playlist but doesn't show in Podcasts tab or Music Tab. Can anyone explain why?

Thanks

Matt

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:25 AM

You nned to give the tracks an Album title to serve as the Podcast title in the Podcasts section, otherwise they exist in limbo.

tt2

7 replies

Dec 30, 2012 2:11 AM in response to MattyMiles

I'm also unable to change a couple of files' media kind from 'Music' to 'Podcast', no matter how much info I include. I can change the media kind to 'Audiobook' and they appear in the "Books" section, but if I change it to 'Podcast' and click OK they remain in "Music", and when I check the info the media kind has reset to 'Music'. Very frustrating.

Ironically, they were podcast episodes I had to purchase through iTunes as I accidentally deleted the original downloads. They downloaded as music not podcasts (since they were purchased, not "subscribed" to) and when I tried to change their media kind to 'Podcast' I had the above problem, but after the first try it simply greyed-out the media kind drop-down. I then re-encoded them as MP3s thinking that the protected MPEG-4 files wouldn't allow a change in media kind, but after the re-encode I've had the above problem. I just want to put them with the rest of the podcasts in the series/season.

Apr 3, 2013 9:39 AM in response to quad_shot

I'm currently running 11.0.0.163 on Windows. Same situation! Have not dared updating iTunes to quad's version yet.

Was in my local Store just today and they suggested setting up a (temporary purposes) new Library in iTunes - one just to test stuff out in.

I tried that - hold down "shift" > All Programs > iTUnes(for Windows folks like me). Set up new library fine, still cannot get "Podcast" type to stick.

The Store is, of course, running all uptodate stuff, 11.0.2 or whatever, and it works fine on their Macs, the guy himself converted 3 songs to Podcasts right in front of me. Disappeared from Music, reappeared below, in Podcast.

Changing Media Kind To Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.