Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup not compatible

My backup claims that my iPhone is not compatible with the backup and will not restore the backup.I have even tried earlier versions of backups from Time Machine and none works. Is it any way I can restore my iPhone to an earlier version of the iOS and restore the backup? Where can I find which version I then should have?

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 8:16 AM

8 replies

Aug 28, 2012 8:59 AM in response to KiltedTim

The phone is updated and it still does not work. I have now also tried backups to the day for when I bought the phone (through time machine) and iTunes claims them all to be corrupt. That I do not believe. How do I then test if a backup is corrupt or not? Why even bother to backup if they all are to be corrupt when you need them? What can I do? Please help. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2012 7:51 AM in response to Doctor_C

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.

If that doesn't do it, you may be seeing something like what is described in this Apple article -> Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

If it's what you're seeing, you can try resetting Winsock as a temporary fix or folllow along with the article for a more permanent solution.

1. To do so, please do the following in an administrator user:
Windows Vista and Windows 7: Right click All Programs and choose Accessories > Command Prompt. Choose to open as an administrator.

Windows XP: Click Start > Run and type in cmd.

2. Enter the following command:
netsh winsock reset

3. Restart the computer and test the issue.
Note: If the issue returns, third-party software may be reinserting the LSP.

Aug 6, 2014 2:14 PM in response to Doctor_C

I know this is a somewhat old post, but I hope it helps someone else who comes across the same corrupted-backup issue.

I work for a copy that does a lot of iPhone/iPad backup work, and in the process, I've emailed with a lot of people who have gotten the iTunes corrupted backup error. I've been experimenting with repairing the corrupted backups, so that they are restorable again.

We released a program, Decipher Backup Repair, that will fix the errors in an iTunes backup so that you can restore your device in iTunes. The free trial of the program will show you all of the errors it found in your backup, and show you how we can repair them.

http://deciphertools.com/decipher-backup-repair.html

(Note: As I mentioned, I work for the company I've discussed above, so I stand to benefit, either financially or otherwise, from the links I'm recommending.)

Backup not compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.