Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2: "could not scan for wireless networks" message

Ipad 2 is no longer connecting to WiFi...getting message: could not scan for wireless networks. Have tried rebooting ipad, turning wifi on and off, rebooting router to no avail. Iphone is recognizing the wireless network, so that is not the issue. Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:37 AM

7 replies

Sep 3, 2012 5:36 AM in response to Diavonex

I can't even get to this page on the ipad, because the ipad gets stuck on the previous WiFi network page at "Choose a network" so good idea but won't work.

Update: I trook the ipad to the Apple store and after they wiped everything out and reset it to the original setting, it still did not work. They offered to swap with another new ipad 2 for $250 but only offered a 90 day warranty not a one year, with no option to extend the warranty because my original had expired. No option to fix it from Apple. I wanted them to give me a one year warranty with the new ipad 2, like they do with a new purchase but they would not budge. So I did not go for it and now have a glorified ipod touch with no wifi option. Aaarrgghh, totaly bad apple store experience.

So bottom line is, if you have this issue you are out of luck and Apple will do nothing to fix it beacuse they cannot repair it and don't trust selling any more ipad 2's because they are worried they will find themselves in the same situation. I keep hoping that somehow one day, the ipad will work, but so far, nothing. Hope others are having better luck.

iPad 2: "could not scan for wireless networks" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.