Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Periodic lag/screen brightening experienced in graphics-intensive application

Hey I just started playing Guild Wars 2 on my iCore5 and I'm having a very similar issue, randomly when I'm playing my screen with brighten as if someone is turning the brightness up and when this happen it will kill my fps and lag me. This effect last for about 3-5 seconds then it will return to normal for a few seconds then continue to lag. I played SwTOR on my boot camp and never once had an issue. Can anyone tell me what might be happening? I'm going to try and reinstall the game to tonight.

<Subject Edited by Host>

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:10 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2012 11:14 AM in response to Psyriph

Upgrade the graphic driver if you haven't already. (iMac? MBP?)

Is there online forum for GW2 users?

Enough memory, free space, run CCleaner recently (and %TEMP% folder is cleaned out)

I wouldn't reinstall (uninstall then redo)

How about some grapic benchmark program or two?

And definitely keep your eye on the 'gas guage' - fans and temperature readings.

I think the ideal and best security software is Microsoft Security Essentials. Maybe you have something running in the background? 3rd party AV?

definitely should be running 64-bit.

Aug 29, 2012 7:52 AM in response to The hatter

It's an iMac.

I went and looked at my settings last night and the min. Requirements for guild wars 2 my computer.

I haven't tried to update my drivers yet in going to try that tonight.

I sent a request to their support website haven't gotten a reply yet.

When I do play on Boot Camp side there is nothing running but the current game I'm playing.

I also found out last night that sadly when I installed this boot camp version I used a 32bit install disc I do have a 64 bit so if all else fails I'll reinstall all of windows.

I'm by no means s computer guru, but it has me s little stumped as to why I can play WOW, diablo 3, SWTOR, and never see this problem. So I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Thanks again for the help.

Periodic lag/screen brightening experienced in graphics-intensive application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.