Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third party speaker simulations for guitar?

Hello,

I have spent the last three days trying to figure this out but to no avail. I am trying to load a speaker simulator to enhance my dirty guitar sounds using Logic's amp simulations. All of the speaker simulations are present in my browser. I am supposed to load the speaker simulatinos within Space Designer. Also, I am supposed to bypass the amp sim's cabinet simulations for Logic. How do I do this?

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:41 PM

Load the Impulse Response (IR) into Space Designer the same way you'd load any impulse response:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicstudio/effects/index.html#chapter=12%26se ction=2%26tasks=true

Either put it on a channel, after the guitar effect or put it on a buss and send the signal(s) to it from there.

4 replies

Aug 28, 2012 5:56 PM in response to QtheMusic

As I understand the original post, and I may have mis-interpreted it, cauchy is trying to use 3rd party speaker simulations that appear to be Impulse Responses. To my knowledge, and I may also be wrong about this, you cannot load a 3rd party impulse response into anything other than Space Designer.

I'm on Logic 8 and it may have changed, but I just had a quick skim through the online Logic 9 manual and it doesn't say you can load your own (or 3rd party) impulse responses into Logics guitar amps.

Because it's convolution based, you can use Space Designer for a lot more things than reverb and a lot of 3rd party manufacturers take advantage of that.

Third party speaker simulations for guitar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.