Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11 - Export Using Quicktime - File Disappears after Export......

Hey everyone:

I've got a weird one here. I've made my first project using iMovie. I want to burn a DVD, so I clicked >>Share >> iDVD and it comes over fine. I then setup a menu and stuff and burned it. However, when I play it on my 52" plasma, it doesn't fit correctly. It fills the screen, but it's almost like it's zoomed in so it cuts off of ALL edges.

So I did some research and found this post and went to try it out. So within iMovie, I click "share using Quicktime" and change some of the various settings and export the movie as a Quicktime (.MOV) file to my "Movies" folder. The movie is about 55 minutes, it says it'll take about 35 minutes to export.

35 minutes later I come back and the export box has closed, iMovie is still open, just like it should be, and the file I just exported is nowhere to be found. It just disappears. The second and third time I tried, I open a Finder window and watch the file get created, then get larger, and larger. But once it's done, the file is gone.

So then I created a new project and made a movie that was only 10 minutes long. It exports fine and the file is there when it's done. In other words, I can't replicate the problem with a new project. However, I have a lot of time in editing this movie and don't want to start over for fear of finding the same result.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 12:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2014 6:18 PM in response to rh1n0cer0s

I have this same problem and there are several threads running about it. I have the paid-for version of iMovie, and cannot even get it to export a Quicktime movie. This makes it even more useless than I already find it to be. I spent the last two days working on a video, and for me to send it to my client, I would have to freight my computer to them so they could view it.

<Edited by Host>

iMovie 11 - Export Using Quicktime - File Disappears after Export......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.