Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with letter kerning in OSX 10.8 and iWork Suite

Hi!

I recently upgraded my Macs to run OSX 10.8 (und just yesterday upgraded to 10.8.1). I noticed a problem with a certain font in all iWork applications (Keynote, Pages and Numbers) today. Somehow, the space between the letters seems somehow off. Even if i save the documents as PDFs, the problem persits.

Here is a Screenshot of two documents, one created with OSX 10.7 and one created with OSX 10.8.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

The used font is called "Verlag" (http://www.typography.com/fonts/font_overview.php?productLineID=100009), but it seems only certain faces of that font are affected. For now, I couldn't find any other font on my system with that problem.

I already upgraded all iWork applications to the newest version and deleted the font cache - still no luck.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

iWork Suite-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 7:24 PM

Sounds like the kerning table is stuffed in those fonts and/or there is a bug in the latest software designed to cope with Retina Displays.

You can force the sapcing back out with:

Inspector > Text > Spacing > Character

Better may be to avoid the problem fonts for now.

Peter

4 replies

Problem with letter kerning in OSX 10.8 and iWork Suite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.