Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 crashing after my upgrade to Mountain Lion?

OK. The day I upgraded to Mountain Lion was the day that Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 stopped working for me. I have tried re-installing Pro and now I'm getting the error message that "Licensing for this product has stopped working." I have been all over the Adobe boards and everything is written towards fixing problems pre-Mountain Lion.

I tried a License Recovery Launcher and the problem there is that Power PC are no longer supported. Does the fact that Power PC apps are no longer supported have anything to do with this or are their other issues? Does anyone have any constructive solutions?

I can't believe that there is not more discussions about this so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 7:35 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2012 3:53 AM in response to Charles Barnes

I don't have an immediate suggestion regarding the problem with reinstalling or reactivating Acrobat Pro 9 under Mountain Lion, but as a data point, my copy of Acrobat Pro 9 (version 9.0) was installed while I was running Lion, so it can't have any PowerPC-only components involved in installation. I had updated it as far as version 9.5.1 while I was running Lion.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion subsequently, and Acrobat Pro 9 continued to work. Since then I've updated Acrobat Pro to version 9.5.2.

Oct 23, 2012 12:45 PM in response to Charles Barnes

Mine is crashing, too, and I must assume that the 9.5.2 update is the cause. Version 9.5.1 of Acrobat Pro worked perfectly well on 10.8.2 in every aspect. My crashes occur on trying to save as "Adobe PDF Files, Optimized".

I think, it is not OSX at fault here but the Adobe update; I found a (PC related) post on the adobe forums. Hopefully a fix will be issued by Adobe. I wonder if it could be a font issue?

Why is Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 crashing after my upgrade to Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.