Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 show an empty Project, but say that have 2 photos...

I know I hid an event of my Grandmother in iphoto. And now that I merged my iphoto library with aperture, the event shows the number of photos in the left botton, but doesn't show the photos. The events is here but is kind of empty.

User uploaded file

I've clicked the magnifying glass and I selected "Showing All" and "reject" but nothing happens.

User uploaded file

These photos are very important. How can Isee then?

Ps: I don't have iphoto anymore because I did a clean install of OSX 10.8 and don't have the iLife CD anymore...

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:12 AM

OMG!!! Apple... Apple... Apple...

I think I discover one way to bypass this problem.

The only thing that you need to do is delete your project with the "hidden" "reject" or "the name that Apple wants to give" photos.

Then the "hidden" pictures will mysteriously reappear in the trash. Now you will need to move to your Desktop and import again to Aperture...

For me it works. Hope works for you guys too...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2012 1:12 AM in response to DemoDrift

OMG!!! Apple... Apple... Apple...

I think I discover one way to bypass this problem.

The only thing that you need to do is delete your project with the "hidden" "reject" or "the name that Apple wants to give" photos.

Then the "hidden" pictures will mysteriously reappear in the trash. Now you will need to move to your Desktop and import again to Aperture...

For me it works. Hope works for you guys too...

Aug 29, 2012 2:16 AM in response to DemoDrift

This, I think, gives you a broader picture of what's going on. From Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture:

• • Photos hidden using iPhoto's Hide command cannot be accessed in Aperture. If you open the library in iPhoto, unhide the photos and then open the library in Aperture, the previously hidden photos are accessible.
  • • Photos rated as rejected in Aperture are not accessible in iPhoto. If the photo's rating is subsequently raised in Aperture, it will then be accessible in iPhoto.

There are other operational details at the linked page worth knowing.

Aperture 3 show an empty Project, but say that have 2 photos...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.