Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating pdf OSX Mountain Lion problems

Anyone having problems creating PDFs?

I am trying to make pdf with preview (print/save as pdf) but I keep getting parasols and then preview crashes.

BTW how do you add pages to original pdf, in SL it was on the sidebar but I dont see it anymore

Imac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:35 AM

A problem of this nature often depends on the printer driver, since the driver is at least partly involved in the PDF creation process. Which printer do you have selected, and where did its driver come from (Apple via Software Update/App Store, directly from the manufacturer's web site, or was it already installed before you upgraded to Mountain Lion)?

A possible workaround might be to manually add a different brand/model of printer and select that before the print to PDF command.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2012 3:35 AM in response to n3nto

A problem of this nature often depends on the printer driver, since the driver is at least partly involved in the PDF creation process. Which printer do you have selected, and where did its driver come from (Apple via Software Update/App Store, directly from the manufacturer's web site, or was it already installed before you upgraded to Mountain Lion)?

A possible workaround might be to manually add a different brand/model of printer and select that before the print to PDF command.

Creating pdf OSX Mountain Lion problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.