Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!:The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance.

So first things first i actually have Mac OS X Lion but i installed Mac OS Snow Leopard in a virtual machine to install "Logic Pro 8" because Lion does not support "PowerPC" Applications (Logic Pro 8 is PowerPC Application). And i tried to install it many tiimes but it always mess up at the end of the install and it says: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance ! 🙂

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac OS X on Virtual Machine

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 11:41 AM

Contact the virtualization software developer. Unless you're running server, virtualizing SL w/Lion isn't supported. That, most likely is your issue.

1 reply

HELP!:The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the sofware manufacturer for assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.