Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Control Model A1156, how do you change battery?

I purchased this Model A1156 remote a few years ago when I purchased my MacBook Pro but never used it. Now I need to do a presentation and want to control some music without with the remote and it's not working. I ASSUME I need a new battery since it is 4 years old.

Pushing the dimple on the bottom of the remote does not do anything. How do you get the remote open to insert a new battery?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.6 Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 6:45 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1306

8 replies

Aug 29, 2012 2:02 PM in response to mende1

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I have pushed on the release button (the little depression at the bottom of the remote I presume) repeatedly and the tray doesn't come out. It gives a little (maybe 1/32 of an inch) but it doesn't pop out. I even tried sliding a razor blade knife in. It goes in but doesn't help. I couldn't see how a paper clip would do what my finger couldn't , but tried it anyway. Same result. Any thoughts?

Sep 4, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Courcoul

Courcoul and others:

Courcoul, thanks for the suggestion. Let me be totally clear here. I understand the concept of how this is supposed to work. I have pushed with light pressure, heavy pressure, fingers, implements, etc. The tray will not come out. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get it out when it won't release? In other words, I need some way to get inside and pull it out (stupid design if you ask me. Maybe that's why the newer ones have done away with this tray).

Sep 4, 2012 3:10 PM in response to Gandalf99

Only thing I can think of impeding the tray from popping out would be if the battery had failed and leaked, thereby causing the while assembly to stick together.

Maybe a very thin blade could be wiggled between tray and case and used to leverage it out. However, given the reduced size and the apparent frailty of the plastic, I doubt that damage could be avoided. And, anyway, if the battery indeed leaked, a scratched case would be the least of the problem.

Remote Control Model A1156, how do you change battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.