Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft office 2010 won't open in Mountian Lion, why?

I try to open word & it gives a message. Does this for every program in the office suite. I can't even check for an update cause it won't let me. It shuts down before I can check

.User uploaded file

Mac OS X (10.6.4), MacBook Pro 15', 2.2GHz, 8GB DDR3

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 10:26 AM

24 replies

Aug 29, 2012 11:48 AM in response to Schmitty83

In order to give you more accurate information, we need to know exactly what you're actually running. Your subject says Office 2010, but there is no Mac version of Office 2010. There's MS Office for Windows 2010, but for the Mac, there's Office 2004 (won't work on Mac OS X 10.7 or later), Office 2008 and Office 2011. The latter two should work fine in all recent Mac systems. What version do you actually have?

Also, your profile indicates that you're using Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard), but you're posting in the Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) forum. If you're using Snow Leopard, you may get different answers, as Office 2004 will work for you while it won't work for Mountain Lion users.

Sep 6, 2012 7:05 PM in response to Schmitty83

Schmitty83 wrote:

Nope. Didn't work. I'm just going to giveup. Microsoft knows there's a bug but they can't find it. They fail and now office 2011 is useless in mountain lion :-(

No bug here. We have over 200 Macs on mountain lion already and not one issue that you describe. So basically, it's not useless.

did you post your question to Microsoft's Mac forums as I suggested? They have MS appointed MVPs there to help.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Microsoft office 2010 won't open in Mountian Lion, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.